At midnight on 1 January 2021, Xiaomi released the Mi 11 on all of their online shops. To promote the improved performance, display and design the new mobile brings, the brand invited many KOLs to post relevant content one month in advance.
- More than 500 KOLs from the technology and electronics industries have mentioned the Xiaomi Mi 11 in their posts.
- The KOLs participating in the campaign used unboxing videos to promote the Xiaomi Mi 11 from different perspectives. In addition, Xiaomi has received plenty of free exposure from tech KOLs comparing the new Xiaomi Mi 11 with products from other brands.
- The KOL @小白测评 from Bilibili gave a detailed comparison of the three different versions of the Xiaomi Mi 11 and how it surpasses the Xiaomi Mi 10. He also launched a lottery contest with his audience and obtained the highest follower interaction of all posts for this campaign.
- Xiaomi’s official Bilibili account @小米情报官 has increased its awareness and favorability ratings of the company’s new product in the youth market by posting humorous content about Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun.
- The campaign has tracked more than 2M impressions on Weibo via #小米11#.