Hotel Booking Website
- / The webside engaged 24 influencers to share their travel plans for Chinese New Year. Influencers ranged from micro to top-tier KOLs on Weibo and WeChat
- / To minimize audience overlap, KOLs from a variety of content categories were selected, including travel, lifestyle, mommy/parenting, fashion, and F&B
- / Each KOL was given a custom referral link for Weibo, WeChat public accounts, WeChat Moments, and WeChat fan groups. The promotion offered 200 RMB off stays over 400 RMB
- / Weibo KOLs generated the highest ROI, but WeChat KOLs represented 3 out of the top 5 top-performing KOLs
- / Mid-tier and micro KOLs outperformed compared to top-tier KOLs on both WeChat and Weibo. Fashion, travel, and F&B KOLs performed better than lifestyle and mommy/parenting categories
- / Conversion rates were similar for Weibo and WeChat platforms at 3.2%, with Weibo’s average cost-per-click of 36 RMB vs. WeChat’s 60 RMB
- / The Airline Company wanted to build awareness in China and attract more flight bookings.
- / Four travel KOLs were selected to create insightful WeChat travel tips introducing cities across Europe including Amsterdam, Vienna, Barcelona, Berlin and Salzburg.
- / The KOLs encouraged readers to follow the airlines WeChat public account to share their travel stories and photos for a chance to win souvenirs from the airline.
- / 63.5K impressions were garnered across 74.7K followers, with positive feedback thanks to UGC with travel tips to the airlines’ main destination hubs.
- / The souvenir giveaway was an effective way to attract more followers and engagement – achieving a strong engagement rate of 1.32% and 1.58% for mid-tier and micro WeChat KOLs respectively.
- / One KOL, who thoughtfully shared details about trip preparations, achieved the highest engagement rate of 2.74%.
- / The Monte Carlo Hotel Group sought to raise awareness of traveling in Monaco among Mainland Chinese to increase bookings.
- / One mid-tier WeChat travel influencer was selected to experience and share a 3 night trip. During the trip, she stayed at 3 different brand’s properties.
- / The travel influencer created two WeChat articles. One article introduced the different properties she stayed at, while in the other she shared travel tips for sightseeing in Monaco.
- / The 3 nights and 3 properties experience gave the influencer ample opportunities to create truly unique content that contrasting the features of each hotel. Allowing the influencer to also create genuinely useful Monaco travel content increased authenticity and fan engagement.
Boutique Luxury Hotel
Building Brand Awareness
- / Boutique luxury hotel looking to build awareness and increase local traffic to its spa
- / Geo-specific targeting of Chengdu/Sichuan-based influencers
- / Two beauty and lifestyle KOLs engaged with sponsored posts to share their personal experiences at the hotel’s spa and restaurants
- / KOL engagement needs a minimum level of scale in terms of both frequency and volume to result in significant measurable impact
- / Thailand’s leading arts and music festival looking to attract China’s millennial travelers
- / Two lifestyle KOLs were asked to post on WeChat and Weibo about the festival
- / KOLs giveaway tickets to increase engagement and interest in the festival
- / For limited campaign budgets, activating KOLs’ fans with compelling giveaways is highly effective
Luxury Hotel X Fashion Magazine
Social Media Account Awareness
- / Luxury hotel and renowned publisher teamed up to promote awareness for newly launched VIP Official WeChat account
- / One top travel influencer created original content about her stay at the hotel in exchange for a complimentary trip to Macau
- / Content included personal photos, travel tips and recommendations
- / Media partnerships can extend a brand’s positioning and exposure from KOL collaborations
Renowned International Hotel
Building Awareness for a New Offering
- / A renowned international hotel was looking to build awareness and increase booking for their family summer camp
- / One top mommy influencer was selected to stay three nights with her whole family. She created original content and a video about her family’s stay at the hotel and experiences at the summer camp
- / Content included photos, travel tips, and experience reviews. The content was posted on her Weibo and WeChat accounts
- / Chinese moms are actively looking for whole family activities. Inviting the influencer’s whole family to experience the summer camp provided a more organic feel and solved a real market need
- / The three day stay also allowed the influencer to experience and review the room, restaurants, and facilities. This gave the influencer plenty things to share
Contect Us on WeChat