According to PARKLU’s insider source at Weibo, KOL surveys, and independent testing, the following 10 rules have been enacted on Weibo. These affect all Weibo KOL marketing campaigns.
1. E-commerce links, outside Alibaba properties, must go directly to a product page. *no landing page links
2. KOL accounts need to seek permission before promoting more than one brand in a single post.
3. All posts with external links will receive a 20% media exposure penalty.
4. Posts containing plagiarized content will receive a 50% page weight penalty.
5. Posts containing long form images will receive a page weight penalty.
6. Accounts that only repost will receive a page weight penalty.
7. Posts containing a QR code will receive a page weight penalty.
8. Posts that mention WeChat will receive max page weight penalty, limited to 10% total visibility.
9. Accounts that mention a marketing, sales, or advertising businesses could receive a page weight penalty.
10. Lucky draw campaigns must use Weibo’s official lucky draw function or receive a page weight penalty.
During the annual 6.18 Carnival & Double 11 Festival: Only Taobao & T-Mall e-commerce links will be allowed.